How to customize your drumkit in the Senstroke application
It is possible to completely customize your drum kit and save it.
You have as many elements as you want, as long as you respect different angles for each one.
To do this, first choose which is the starting kit of your configuration: Blue Kit or Big Rock Drum Kit.
Go to the “Play” section, then press the button at the top of your screen to display the different drum kits window.
At the bottom of this window, select “Configurations” in order to customize your kit.
Press “Create my Preset”.
A completely gray drum kit will appear. Tap on an item to configure it.
Configuring the drumsticks elements
Press “Configure”, and follow the instructions on the screen:
- Tap once slowly with your left stick in the center of the chosen area.
- Tap once slowly with your right stick in the centre of the selected area.
- Repeat until the application notifies you that the configuration was successful.
- Note: It is important to tap in the center of the area in a natural and consistent manner (do not change the grip of the cue, the striking area during setup or the angles of the wrists).
- Return to the previous screen to add more items to your drum kit.
You can add more than one item, but remember to follow the rules for the playing area we’ve seen above: the larger your drum kit, the more space you’ll need to use it optimally.
It is important to mark different angles for your different elements. The sensors differentiate angles of about 40°, so try not to place two elements within 40° of each other.
Configuring the feet elements
- Bass drum pedal: The bass drum pedal is very easy to configure: just tap the item, then tap configure, and you’re done!
- Hi-hat pedal: You can choose to configure the basic position of your hi-hat pedal: closed and open position. This step is important to be able to change the opening of your hi-hat by tilting your foot up or down.
- Press the hi-hat pedal on the drumkit, then press configure.
- The closed position corresponds to the closed position of the cymbals. Keep your foot on the floor for this step without moving for a few seconds.
- Once the closed position is confirmed on the screen, put your foot in the “hi-hat open” position for a few seconds, which will finish configuring the hi-hat pedal. To do this, simply create an angle with your foot corresponding to the angle your foot would form on the hi-hat pedal if you were to release the cymbals.
- Hold the position for a few seconds. The application will confirm the correct configuration.
- The hi-hat pedal recognizes three positions: open, semi-open and closed. The semi-open position is considered halfway between the open and closed positions you have configured, it is calculated automatically.